29 November 2012

new.

things from bouchon.



w&b_9








w&b_8








w&b_4







w&b_7








w&b_3







w&b_6



Only a few miles from my house. Dangerous.








So you might have notice now the blog says 'julie takes photos' instead of 'always with butter'

I like the name 'always with butter' its cute, a bit silly but i like it. But I feel like this blog should represent me and the name just doesn't seem to fit it anymore.

I used to get obsessive over foods, in a good way. Amazing butter. Beautiful cheeses. The perfect pie. etc etc.

But photography has always been my main interest and objective with the site. The food is nice but the photos are what I truly care about. And after working with pastries all day long at my day job, this is true more than ever. I just want the photos.

So I switched up the header to 'julie takes photos' a little name that for years and years has always been my email address and probably the only username I have for any silly site. It's my thing. 'julie takes photos' simple, straight forward.

Thats all that changed. The header. Changing my twitter, site address would just be annoying now. No need. Everything else is the same. Including food photos and more often than not the recipe.

I just wanted to see something different when I post on here.


So that is my explaination.








26 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea I noticed the header XD Change is good. Keep rockin'

Margherita said...

As long as you promise that you'll still post some recipes from time to time, we promise not to march against the new name of the blog ;)

Tale in the Kitchen said...

Hi....your blog is...how can I say? Delicious!
:-)
I will follow you very often.

Saluti da Lugano (Switzerland!)

Anonymous said...

i like your food pictures :D

Unknown said...

any change brings something new and exciting, and I believe in staying true to ourselves and do what we feel no matter the response. lovely images, julie.

NIM said...

Aaaah! The food looks so beautiful! I'be craving the chocolate tart like NOW!

Magda said...

No need for explanations. It's good to change things up and stay true to what you really want.
Love your photographs!

Julie Marie said...

@Magda
Thanks! Yeah I thought I better just say a little something about the name change, just incase people wondered. Not trying to apologize or anything, just explain what was going on in my head :)

Elisabetta Brescia said...

Nothing is forever, and people evolve, blog too :-)Beautiful photo, I wish I were you with my reflex :-(

Anonymous said...

Bravo! Good for you! But also good for me....it was just what I needed to hear this morning! Your site is so beautiful I dawdle here and revel. The food is lovely...but really, it's more about the beauty you lay before us. I thank you for that! Enjoy arriving at your own site, the one that announces what you've long known to be True!

Tricia said...

Beautiful!!!

Athena said...

I like the change and think it's you. Photography is always first for me too. Btw, did you get the new Bouchon Bakery book? It's amazing. Got to meet TK a couple weeks ago and he signed my copy :)

Deer Eats Wolf said...

I love your dessert recipes - such beautiful cakes! I made the banana nutella one and got rave reviews. Check out a photo here.

Laura Dembowski said...

You have to follow your heart and passion. I have always wanted to try Bouchon Bakery.

Loretta E. said...

I love those shots. And living that close would be incredibly dangerous!

Alicia said...

I love your photos and your recipes (and I enjoy eating the items when I follow your recipes) I'm glad that your following your heart and passion. That's the main thing.

Neja said...

Gosh, macaroons are my favourite! Awesome blog!

Mónica Ortelli said...

I like the new name. If it represents your, nothing to say. The link will bring me here always, whatever the name was.
Nice pictures. I really love your styling; also the pastry you shot and the recipes. Thank you.
Mónica

Anonymous said...

Where is the archive????
Petra

Julie Marie said...

@petra
Hi, I'm working on it. It got really disorganised so I'm trying to find a better way to show all the recipes

Martina said...

sooooo delicious!!!!!
i like your blog and will follow!
Martina

PS. there is a giveaway on my blog, have a look: http://homesweetbakery.blogspot.it/2012/11/giveaway.html

Magdalena Błaszczyk said...

Mmm macarones! I love them <3 great pictures.

www.thelovelycard.blogspot.com

indigomemoirs.com said...

That is painfully delicious! Beats all the artisanal vendors from my recent visit at the London chocolate fair...http://indigomemoirs.com/2012/12/10/happily-dying-of-chocolate/
Stunning photography! Are you using a special lense?

lauren, curious constellation said...

It looks like Jesus himself made these, so delicious. Yum!

lapiubelladitutte said...

They all look soooo delicious! Where is that place???

Stephanie said...

Makes sense to me. :) I just discovered your blog and I'm already hooked. And I want to eat those macarons straight off my computer screen...

xo,
Stephanie (Big Mario Life)